The North East Automotive Alliance (NEAA) is an industry-led automotive cluster, established to support the economic sustainable growth and competitiveness of the automotive sector in the North East of England.
Supporting the North East Automotive Supply Chain
Launched in March 2015, now with over 300 cluster participants, the NEAA is the largest automotive cluster in the UK and one of the fastest-growing clusters across Europe.
Our aim is simple – to build upon the region’s significant automotive capability and to firmly establish the North East as a true global automotive and electrification powerhouse – ensuring the North East is at the forefront of the Governments strategy to ensure the technologies of tomorrow are designed, developed and manufactured in the UK.
As a proactive industry-led cluster group, the NEAA is here to represent and work on behalf of the whole North East automotive sector, whether a company is making cars or components, is a service provider, or working in commercial, off-highway or developing technologies for electrification. Through the cluster, companies take a collaborative approach to improving the region’s global competitiveness.
The NEAA focuses on:
- Networking & Connectivity
- Business Resilience
- Innovation & Technology
- Trade & Investment
The North East Automotive Alliance will be the catalyst through which the North East becomes the location of choice for automotive investment in Europe. The region will be recognised as a true automotive powerhouse which encompasses a very dynamic, forward looking, and competitive supply chain that incorporates strengths in research, development and innovation in new automotive technologies and manufacturing processes.
- The NEAA will be recognised as a leading cluster in Europe
- We will build a cohesive and dynamic network which maximises synergies across the region
- We will increase the region’s automotive capability
- We will support the sustainable economic growth and competitiveness of the sector in the region
- We will represent and promote the North East automotive sector and maximise external support
- The NEAA will be recognised by its members, partners and stakeholders as the essential cluster organisation for the North East region
- We will provide essential cluster services to our members and be recognised as a value add to member companies
NORTH EAST ENGLAND
North East England’s growing credentials make it one of the most desirable regions to live and work.
As one of the UK’s fastest growing economies with a highly skilled workforce, superb access to UK and overseas markets and a low-cost base, it is easy to see why over 67,000 businesses call North East England home. The region has welcomed a richness of companies from across the globe, along with talented professionals, who have developed strong roots in the North East because of its perfect blend of opportunity and quality of life.
The region produces 30% of all UK passenger vehicles
20% of all electric vehicles across Europe
10% of all UK non-highway vehicles
The region is home to the largest and most successful passenger vehicle plant in the UK, Nissan Motor Manufacturing UK, Sunderland.
Nissan Motor Manufacturing UK – Key facts;
10m cars since the launch in 1986
Accounts for 30% of all UK car production
Exports to more than 130 markets