Hyperdrive Innovation Limited
Hyperdrive Innovation designs and manufactures high energy density lithium-ion battery systems working alongside OEMs in the development of electric and hybrid electric vehicles.
From its Sunderland base the company’s patented battery management technology and modular battery systems are being deployed in automotive, off-highway, industrial and marine applications.
Its R&D team is developing faster charging, higher efficiency controls for a range of battery chemistries which meet differing vehicle duty cycle requirements. In addition the company has developed advanced telematics with CanBUS connection to enable OEMs and Fleet Managers to monitor electric vehicles remotely.
Hyperdrive’s management team has experience in product development working in automotive tier 1, OEM & consultancy businesses. With all technology development, engineering and vehicle systems integration undertaken in-house the company is well qualified to support OEMs in bringing new vehicles to market.
In 2015 the company opened a brand new battery production facility in Sunderland with a capacity for making up to 10,000 systems per annum. It has also signed technology licensing agreements and is engaged in technology transfer with clients.
Products and services:
• Provides batteries and integrated management systems for the electric vehicle industry
• Designs and creates technology for electric and hybrid electric drivetrains
• Works with customers to solve their engineering challenges
• Develops advanced telematics for CanBus and GPS tracking
• Provides licensing arrangements and technology transfer