EV North is an important step in supporting the North East’s transition to become a true automotive powerhouse and a location of choice for electrification investment in Europe.
Electrification is a key part of the Government’s plan to bring all greenhouse gas emissions to Net Zero by 2050 and this represents a huge opportunity for the North East of England. No other region in the UK can compare to the North East’s electrification credentials which date back to the 1920’s.
The region is home to Europe’s most successful Electric Vehicle (EV), the Nissan LEAF, Europe’s first Giga battery manufacturing facility, and has full Power Electronics, Motors and Drives (PEMD) capability.
EV North is an important step in supporting the North East’s transition to become a true automotive powerhouse and a location of choice for automotive investment in Europe.
EV North is chaired by Ryan Maughan, founder of AVID Technology and has long been at the forefront of the shift towards electrification, specialising in the design and manufacture of electrified powertrain components
The EV North mission is to:
- Promote the North East as a key global centre for manufacture and development of electrification technologies
- Raise the profile of the region and its capabilities within the UK and internationally both with Government and automotive OEMs and Supply Chain
- Encourage collaborative R, D & I projects to leverage public and private sector investment
- Ensure engagement with further and higher education for relevant provision of skills for the future of the sector
- Maximise the benefits to the region of the Driving the Electric Revolution (DER) programme and DER Centre North East
- Identify opportunities to exploit our automotive electrification capabilities and seek opportunities in other sectors
- Attract investment to the region to support building and scale-up of manufacturing, research and development excellence for electrified powertrain components
- Align strategies with national and regional priorities and leverage support from the public sector
EV North will support through:
- Gateway to NEAA membership
- Dissemination & promotion
- Consortia building
- Supply chain visualisation
- Supply chain development
- International trade
- Inward investment