Optimas delivers real results and real impact for global automotive company, Faurecia.
Faurecia, a global leader of automotive technology, relies on Optimas for a wide range of high-quality fasteners and C-Class parts. Optimas is a tech-enabled industrial manufacturer/distributor that delivers fasteners, inventory management and production related solutions that help global producers elevate output and reduce costs.
When a market leader like Faurecia continually expands its product lines, there is a risk of Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) proliferation to occur with these low-cost, high-volume parts. Having too many parts can lead to increased costs and redundant and excess inventory. Optimas recognised that Faurecia could create a more efficient supply chain and improve its speed to market with a standardised global part catalogue.
Optimas engineering experts worked with Faurecia to learn precisely how to assemble its products and design its parts. Optimas also brought in key suppliers to help in this collaborative effort, which entailed:
- Developing a global catalogue of standard fastener parts for use across multiple programs.
- Identifying and eliminating obsolete and duplicate parts.
- Leveraging existing parts to meet new engineering requirements.
- Thanks to a close partnership between engineering teams and a strong supplier network, Optimas can quickly design and source Faurecia’s custom parts.
By implementing global standards across 111 plants in 22 countries, Faurecia boosted its quality, operational efficiency, and financial performance:
- Lowered total cost of ownership with 79% fewer parts, better economies of scale on parts and reduced inventory of pre- and after-market parts.
- Reduced supply chain risk with fewer suppliers and less managed inventory.
- Launch new products faster, as engineers can start with a quality-approved standard product list that can be accessed quickly anywhere in the world.
“Optimas deploys over 200 million global standard parts to Faurecia plants all over the world in local time zones and currency. Due to the program’s success, Faurecia is rolling out further process optimisations and we are delighted to be a part of this ongoing development.”
Justin Parker, VP Marketing and UK Business Development & Strategic Accounts
“The Optimas part standardisation program not only reduced our piece part costs, but it also enabled us to launch new products quicker, decrease inventory obsolescence, improve product quality and increase customer satisfaction. Relying on Optimas’ global strength and engineering know-how, Faurecia is poised to operate with increased innovation and commercial success – and continue improving its world-class product.”
Rainer Schulze, Global Commodity Director Metal & Mechatronics