Expand management capability and transform business performance
Innovate UK has introduced a new programme designed to inject significant management expertise that expands business capability, increases efficiency and enables lasting change and growth. The initiative is called a Management Knowledge Transfer Partnership (MKTP), and it runs alongside the highly successful Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) programme which has been helping companies innovate for growth for over 40 years.
What are Management KTPs?
Just like the highly effective KTP programme, Management KTPs (MKTPs) create a dynamic 3-way partnership between your company, a team of academic experts and a skilled graduate. The focus of a MKTP is specifically on driving effectiveness through better management practices. MKTPs aim to deliver transformational productivity improvement, identifying key, strategic management-based projects to increase business effectiveness. How? Via novel and innovative partnerships with the UK’s world class Business Schools.
Who could benefit from a MKTP?
• Growth-oriented SMEs, eager to build and execute their ambitious management strategy by introducing better management practices.
• Businesses seeking significant productivity gains, recognising that good management and leadership can help deliver this.
• Organisations looking to up-skill their people and make step-change improvements in productivity by deploying industry-leading practices and innovation processes.
Which business activities do MKTPs cover?
MKTPs take a wide view, incorporating a range of leadership and management skills and requirements to build a strategy that drives change and improves business performance. Spanning all key business functions - from marketing to IT, creativity to strategic management; HR to employment relations; finance to logistics - MKTPs seek to support strategic management projects across core activities including:
• Monitoring and target setting
• Communication and motivation
• Organisation, resource planning and strategic thinking
• Problem-solving and decision-making
• Commercial awareness and risk management
• Coaching and mentoring
• Options evaluations, horizon scanning and foresighting
Contact Teesside University
If you think a MKTP could help your company increase its productivity contact The Business Team on 01642 384068 or email Business@tees.ac.uk.
They will work with an expert Knowledge Transfer Advisor to help assess whether your management project is appropriate for funding through Innovate UK and help you with your application.