In addition to the existing advantages of this light curtain, e.g. the slim and robust unit body combined with a new optical system for much easier beam alignment, Panasonic introduces IO-Link communication for safety light curtains.
The IO-Link communication unit SFD-WL3 can easily be integrated into the existing SF4D safety light curtain configuration and allows storage and restoration of setting data and observation of functionality during operation.
Examples of IO-Link data output are process and service data.
• Light received / blocked information
• Stable / unstable incident light information
• Extraneous light information
• Emitter / receiver lockout information
• Incident light intensity information (OFF, 1, 2, 3)
• OSSD control output information
• Communication control status
• Number of units in series connection
• Safety light curtain main unit information
• SFD-WL3 communication unit information
• Incident light intensity of individual beams (32 levels)
• Error codes