North East Automotive Expo 2022
September 29, 2022
Beacon of Light
The North East Automotive Alliance’s (NEAA) flagship Expo, an industry highlight for companies operating within the region’s automotive supply chain, will take place for a seventh year on Thursday 29 September at the Beacon of Light in Sunderland.
The 2021 event attracted over 670 delegates, 124 exhibitors and 110 one-to-one meet the buyer appointments – helping to facilitate vital business connections for the supply chain.
In 2022 delegates can look forward to valuable industry insights from our keynote speaker and thematic seminars and will have the opportunity to network with fellow delegates and exhibitors, whilst gaining knowledge around key themes of supply chain, sustainability, electrification, innovation, skills and sector attractiveness.
- Over 120 exhibitors, including an SME Zone
- Nissan to headline as Keynote Speaker
- Technology Showcase demonstrating new innovation and technology
- A series of topical seminars and panel discussions throughout the day
- Buyer appointments with 12 companies, including Nissan, Envision AESC, Komatsu, Britishvolt, Kasai UK, Elring Klinger GB, Cummins, Marelli, Nifco UK, Unipres (UK), Highly Marelli UK Limited and Gestamp
- New for 2022 Drinks and Networking Reception
- Networking and more…
Are you ready to Connect, Showcase, Exchange and Inspire? Register below…
08:30 Event Opens
09:30 NEAA Welcome - Paul Butler, CEO, North East Automotive Alliance
09:45 Main Sponsor Welcome - Patrick Melia, Chief Executive, Sunderland City Council
10:00 Keynote Speaker - Alan Johnson, Vice President Manufacturing, Nissan Motor Manufacturing UK (NMUK)
10:30 Exhibition, Meet the Buyer, Technology Showcase, Networking
10:40 Seminar Programme
- 10:40-11:10 - How to transform the Automotive industry into a sustainable industry? Dr. Mansoor Soomro, Senior Lecturer in Sustainability and International Business, Teesside University International Business School (TUIBS)
- 11:30-12:00 - Stop the Hype: The Realities of Using 5G & IOT for Manufacturing Liz St Louis, Director of Smart Cities, Sunderland City Council & Charles O'Reilly, Commercial Director, BAI Communications
Panel: Exploring real life case studies of IOT in manufacturing? Chaired by: Tim Lawrence, Director Digital Supply Chain Innovation Hub, Digital Catapult Panel Members: Charles O’Reilly, Commercial Director, BAI Communications, David Forrest, Senior Engineer Digital Innovation, Nissan Motor Manufacturing UK (NMUK), Toby Bridges, Chairman and CEO, The NBT Group & Stephen Gray, Delivery Director, Nomad Energy
- 13:00-13:30 - Local Skills Improvement Plan: Empowering employers to shape the local skills provision Paul Butler, CEO, NEAA, Sean McIlveen, Director & Bob Blenkinsop, Director, Infinitive Perspective
15:00 Drinks & Networking Reception
16:30 Event Closes
3m x 1m shell scheme stand which includes carpet, 1 x 500w socket, 2 spotlights, optional 4ft clothed table and 1 chair Two delegate places with lunch and refreshments WIFI access Listing within the Event Guide If you do not require the stand furniture, please let the event organiser know in advance.
The specification of your shell scheme stand will be sent out separately, or alternatively you can request this from the event organiser. Laura Gage, Marketing & PR Manager, NEAA firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require shell scheme coloured wall panels, graphics and/ or additional furniture at the show, please complete the Shell Extras Form and submit directly to our appointed contractor, JNM Exhibitions. You will be provided this form upon registration. If you require a TV on your stand, please complete the AV Hire Form and submit directly to our appointed contractor, JNM Exhibitions. You will be provided this form upon registration.
All deliveries for the exhibition should be posted to the address below. The venue will only accept small deliveries and only the day prior to the event (28th September). Please post these to: North East Automotive Expo, FCO Jemma Dowson, Beacon of Light, Stadium of Light, Sunderland, SR5 1SU
The organisers, the venue or the sponsors DO NOT accept any responsibility for damage or loss of any properties brought in by the exhibitors and/ or their contractors. Exhibitors are responsible for their items.
All venue catering facilities will be open for purchasing items. Lunch will be offered to all attendees thanks to a lunch sponsor. Attendees should make ONE visit to the catering facility. We know that networking can be thirsty work, so in partnership with our refreshments sponsor, Reliance High-Tech, we are providing tea, coffee, and water facilities throughout the day. Make your way to one of the two Reliance High-Tech Coffee Bars that are located in the exhibition hall, which will be manned and regularly cleaned by a fully accredited catering provider.
Sponsorship packages vary depending on the level of sponsorship taken, but as a minimum, all sponsors receive: • (3m x1m) shell scheme stand • sponsor logo on website • sponsor logo on event banners • sponsor logo included in event e-bulletins where appropriate • inclusion in event social media activity where appropriate • inclusion in event press releases and advertorial where appropriate • sponsor logo displayed on screens at event • a number of delegate places including lunch (depending on sponsorship level) • 1 full page advert in the event guide